Kurzeme planning region (hereinafter – KPR) was established by the Law on Regional Development and at the end of 2006 formed as Public equivalent body with development council and administration as an executive body.
KPR Main tasks are:
• plan and coordinate socioeconomic development in Kurzeme,
• set development priorities and identify investment projects,
• represent regional interests at national and international level,
• promote municipal cooperation,
• monitor and improve public transport provide information on possibilities of EU Structural funds.